It’s the weekend – and time to start following your curiosity! Just in time, here are your Weekend Wonderings for January 8, 2016:
- I recently wrote a post about the challenges of starting a meditation practice and how I’ve benefited from this effort. A recent segment on CBS Sunday Morning describes the pluses of meditation from the perspectives of young students as well as a survivor of a plane crash.
- Speaking of brain behavior, have you ever tried to break a bad habit? It’s not easy, yet we often make New Year’s Resolutions that involve breaking one (or more). Therefore, I thought you might be interested in this Chopra Centered Lifestyle article that offers a neuroscience perspective about how to truly get rid of a bad habit.
- Addicted to Downton Abbey but looking for a shorter historical story with both intrigue and romance? I’d encourage you to watch A Royal Affair, a historical drama that came out in 2012. This award-winning film, which focuses on the court of King Christian VII of Denmark, includes Alicia Vikander. She has had numerous breakout roles this year in Ex Machina, The Danish Girl and Testament of Youth. You can stream A Royal Affair on Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, iTunes, Vudu and Google Play Movies & TV.
- Who knew that NFL players have time for anything other than football while the season is going on? However, a Wall Street Journal story points out that the players in the Minnesota Vikings’ defensive secondary love to learn about wine, even in the middle of the season. Cheers!
- Have you resolved to eat a healthier diet but don’t have time to cook? Here’s a wonderfully easy slow-cooker recipe for Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew by The Kitchn’s Emma Christensen that is featured on The Splendid Table.