Can you make a bit of time to wonder this weekend? Good! Here are your Weekend Wonderings for the weekend of December 4:
- Just in time for the holiday season, say “Cheese (plate)!” This story from the Wall Street Journal offers ideas on how to put one together.
- Holidays are all about family – and a great time to capture those important stories and memories. It turns out that StoryCorps has an app that you can download to your smartphone – and the app can preserve these family conversation in the Library of Congress.
- Speaking of generations, here’s a great video by CBS’s Steve Hartman about cross-generational friendships and the lessons these relationships offer.
- As my friends know, I’m an advocate in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease after watching my mother and grandmother battle this cruel disease. Therefore, my recommendation this week is I’ll Be Me, which follows renowned musician Glen Campbell on his last tour as he battles this form of dementia. It’s worth watching for the music and to get a true picture of what this disease does to its victims. You can stream this movie on Netflix, iTunes, Amazon Video, Vudu, YouTube and Google Play Movies/TV.
- Need a fast and tasty meal during the whirlwind holiday season? Try this Italian favorite, Straccetti di Manzo, courtesy of Epicurious. You can always substitute spinach in place of the arugula.