It’s the weekend – and time to start following your curiosity! Just in time, here’s your Weekend Wonderings for the Yuletide:
- December 21 marked the Winter Solstice. A friend shared this thought-provoking article on marking this transition period and I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to share it with you. This article has spurred me to think about adding some new traditions to my life and it might do the same for you!
- Speaking of traditions, this CBS Sunday Morning story about the Choir of New College Oxford, which has been in existence for more than 600 years.
- Do you want to embrace your creativity in 2016 but are struggling with how to proceed? Leave it to author Elizabeth Gilbert to offer some wise advice in her podcast, Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert. The 12 thought-provoking shows feature people who are struggling with their creativity as well as experts Brene Brown, Ann Patchett and Rob Bell. You can listen through SoundCloud, iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
- Do you or a loved one live with chronic pain? It turns out that acupuncture may help your issue, according to this article by Dr. Christina Lasich.
- Craving a nice cup of chai tea? Here’s a wonderful recipe, courtesy of Savory Spice Shop, that makes plenty and can be served hot or cold.
- Are you in need of a good dose of the Christmas spirit, but don’t want to watch Frosty the Snowman? Try watching Joyeux Noel, a 2005 French film about the unofficial truce that was called on Christmas during World War I. You can stream it on YouTube, iTunes, Google Play and Amazon Video or get the DVDs from Netflix.